Pages

Tuesday, June 19

Top Three Tuesday: Top Three Splurges

2 comments
We all have them.  You know, things we spend money on that we might be ashamed about, or that we should consider spending less money on.  Oh well...here I am about to admit the three things I splurge on, that I just can't do without.

3) Night Cream.  Look, I'm not getting any younger, so I've got to have a great night cream with anti-aging in it.  I actually have several other qualifications for a night cream including: light weight, soaks into skin, smells nice, won't make me break out, won't hurt my eyes if a little gets in, and actually does said anti-aging magic. It's a fairly small jar, but it lasts at least 3 months!

2) Gel Manicures. Have you tried it? If not, you better get on it. Your polish stays at least 2 weeks, sometimes longer! My place has a discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays of 20% off, so it makes the cost around $28. I try not to go too often, because of a few concerns mentioned in this article.  I definitely get one before a wedding or major event.



3) Bar Method. I've actually been going since the studio in Dallas opened. I got hooked! Then I tried to leave, and eventually came back.  Nothing tones better than a bar workout.  I did yoga for 3 years, and tried to do both simultaneously, but found I wasn't getting my butt to enough classes to make the cost < benefit.  I was stressing myself out to go to classes all the time!  Bar Method (and the like) can cost just under $200 a month for a membership, but I locked in a deal for $125 a month by purchasing during an incentive.  This is just $8 more than my yoga membership was for years, and it's much closer to home.



What are your top splurges? (please divulge so I am not the only one confessing here!!!)

2 Responses so far

  1. KatieH says:

    Re: gel nails article, yikes! Splurges: massages and jeans!

Leave a Reply

Labels