Pages

Tuesday, June 26

Top Three Tuesday: Cleaning Utensils

0 comments
Does that even make sense: cleaning utensils? Did you see where I was going with that, or are you still confused?  Bear with me here, and let's get straight to the point.

Do you like to clean (like I do)? Honestly I find it to be like a mini work out, a major stress reliever, and a series of task with maximum satisfaction.

While I'm irreversibly obsessed with this counter spray and this kitchen hand soap, there are a few "utensils" for cleaning I cannot live without.

3. Microfiber cloths. I use these with the counter spray to clean the granite counter top about 327 times a day. I also use them when I'm washing the mirrors and sinks.  I may go buy these microfiber sponges next!
2. Dust Buster. Look,  I don't even really like my current dust buster at all, but that is not the point.  The point is, a dust buster can get the crumbs under the cabinets, in drawers, on the shelves, and even around/in the microwave before you apply elbow grease with a sponge or mop.
I'm going to go ahead and add a 2b here.
2b. A small broom and dust pan.  This is also extremely useful in the kitty litter cleaning department, and with small spills.  Get one at BBB.

3. A good lint roller. We use this on the couch, pillows, and chairs to remove cat hair and our hair.  One time we splurged for the pet specific one, and it was worth it. It's just a thicker tube and a sturdier tape, so don't worry if you bought the cheap one.

Some other good things I use on occasion are rubber gloves, a mop, and a microfiber dusting mitt.  The gloves I put on when the job is particularly gritty and I don't want to ruin my manicure. Duh.

The mop I should use more frequently, but don't.  I think instead of a once/twice a week routine I'm more like a bi-monthly user.  And, this dusting mitt has stayed with me for years. I just throw it in the washing machine when it gets particularly dirty and carry on.  I use it for dusting tables, furniture, book shelves, and light fixtures (that are turned off!).


 I keep everything in a bucket under my half bathroom sink (the sink cabinet in the kitchen contains cleaning products and trash bags...).

Leave a Reply

Labels