Pages

Tuesday, July 31

Top Three Tuesday: Prints

2 comments
I love prints. I love mixing prints. In fact, at times I have a fear of walking out of the house in all solids.  It's an irrational fear, but a valid fear nonetheless.

In honor of it being Tuesday and no longer Monday, and the fact that I'm wearing some of these prints as I type, I'll talk about prints. (Prints is the new buzz word everyone!!)

3) Gingham.  It's no longer just for menswear, even though I had to stock my wardrobe with menswear until I found this baby in navy.
The history of gingham originated from the English (naturally) via the Dutch, and was first used to describe a woven striped fabric.  Now more commonly it is this checkered pattern

2) Polka dots. They are the most playful, cheery pattern out there.  (and my dress sported this pattern yesterday!)  Wiki says the pattern is mostly in children's clothing, rarely in serious fashion, and generally more playful occasions.  The pattern is named after a dance of the same name.  I spy a subtle polka dot blouse at JCrew!!
1) Stripes.  I just can't get over my affinity and obsession for stripes. I don't think it's curable and sorry I'm not sorry.  Apparently its origination was quite the scandal, with responses such as "one shall not made a garment made of two" and those who wore stripes were not to be trusted...i.e. village idiots, prostitutes, jugglers, and clowns.  Well thankfully that opinion is mostly over, and we can all be free to wear stripes. I love this combo of stripes+stripes!

2 Responses so far

  1. Emily says:

    Ann, you are my new role model! India for vacation!? and those amazing bangs in your profile pic (Yes I stalked you). And a new post on wearing prints? (I used to have an irrational fear of wearing more than 2 SOLID colors at one time) Where do I sign up to be just like you? Thanks for the comforting words! People just keep telling me not to come back with yellow fever or get sold into slavery.

  2. Sheena says:

    so i just realized, after transferring all my blogs to blog lovin' yesterday, that i had you in my reader under your old blog name...was wondering why you weren't typing away and wishing you were. now all is good though. :)
    btw, i tagged you in a five random things post - http://beaninloveblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/five-things-you-might-wanna-know.html
    write some if you have time, and if not, that's okay too! have a great day!!

Leave a Reply

Labels