Pages

Thursday, March 1

Adolescent Literature

4 comments
What is it with adolescent literature that makes it SO appealing?  Could it be that you can fly through a novel in 2 days flat? Or that you tooooootally relate to the leading lady/gent (obviously I'm an expert with a bow and arrow, have only designer shoes, and/or am crazy in love with a vampire)?  Or that you're really just giving your mind a 'mental break' by reading simple literature? That's it...

I will admit it.  I read some good, serious novels.  But I also read some utterly ridiculous books we may not even be able to call novels.  I've read the Twilight saga, the Hunger Games series, Sophie Kinsella, and Emily Griffin, to name a few.  I know I'm not alone (ahem Grace!) Plus..some of these gems have been turned into films! That HAS to add value, right?

Anyways, I just recently picked up Sophie's latest, and can't wait to start it.  I just have to finish the last 27 pages of the Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest.................. Wait..what? I was supposed to finish that last weekend...but didn't. 

Anyone else have any guilty reads to add to my shameful list?

4 Responses so far

  1. Lacy says:

    Have you read The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks? This totally fits your description and I LOVED it! It appeals the the "girl who always wanted to go to an east coast boarding school" in me.

    http://www.amazon.com/Disreputable-History-Frankie-Landau-Banks/dp/0786838191/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330636705&sr=8-1

  2. KatieH says:

    Love those authors too! I'm right at the end of The Beautiful and the Damned and am working on what to read next :)

  3. Julie says:

    I'm also a big fan of Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series - don't laugh, they are addictive!

  4. I have no shame over my hunger games addiction.
    Just bought tickets for opening day!
    I guess I love easy reads though too.
    Happy Friday love!

Leave a Reply

Labels