Pages

Thursday, May 24

Thirsty Thursday: Summer Cocktails

2 comments
So I completely forgot to blog yesterday.  Literally, in the afternoon I Skyped Julie and said "I completely forgot to blog!" Good story, right?

And I was thinking about this week, and how all I want to do is sit on the patio and have a refreshing cocktail.  I went to Sissy's on Tuesday, a new restaurant to Dallas, and had a delicious cucumber/vodka based drink in a slim mason jar. That experience encouraged me to research some other tasty cocktails to make for the patio.

Here are the three I want to try:

1) Lime Cucumber Fizz.
  • 2 slices of peeled cucumber
  • 4-6 fresh mint leaves
  • 4-6 cilantro leaves
  • 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
  • 1.5 oz. of Kettle One vodka
  • 1 oz. fresh lime juice
  • 2 or 4 oz. club soda


2) Pimm's Cup. Must be careful with this one. Julie's husband was drastically over-served with these at our cousin's wedding in South Africa last year ;)
  • 2 oz. Pimm’s Cup Liqueur
  • 5-6 oz. Sparkling Lemonade (or lemon/lime soda in a pinch)
  • 2 Mint leaves
  • 2 Cucumber Slices




3) Dark & Stormy. I've made this before, by boiling ginger instead of using ginger beer already made. It was a process that was well worth the outcome, IMO. The lime wedge hits the spot.
  • 2 oz. Dark Rum
  • 3-5 oz. Ginger Beer
  • 1 Lime Wedge
 Have you tried any others? Share your favorites!!

2 Responses so far

  1. KatieH says:

    those sound delish! cocktail night at your place soon!

  2. Margaret says:

    Love a good Pimm's cup! They feel so springy to me. One of my go-to's is a dark and stormy spin-off, using bourbon instead of rum. I could drink those all summer. (And all winter, but whatever.) I might also have to put this guy on my list to try soon: http://goo.gl/ewzdj. Cheers!

Leave a Reply

Labels