Pages

Friday, July 6

Finally Friday: Dreams are Strange

3 comments
I had the strangest dream last night.  I dreamt I had taken out my contacts, maybe to swim or something.  When I went to put them back in, I put the left one in with no problem.   However, the right one grew to the size of my whole hand...and as I struggled to put it in my eye, I folded it up and it was now the size of a dinner plate!

I realize this is strange... and believe me it had me very concerned. What I love is that, upon arriving to work, I googled "dreams about contact lenses" and what I have found is somewhat close to a focus group related to these dreams.

What was interesting is, after finally giving up, I noticed there was already a contact lens in my eye!  The large contact lens (probably a beach ball by then) had several scratches and tears as well.

Some of the comments are fantastic!



Now that you think I'm insane....have fun judging me and/or researching your crazy dreams! :)

3 Responses so far

  1. Unknown says:

    Oh my gosh- I've had this exact same dream! And even odder is the fact that I wear hard contacts in real life- not soft ones, yet in my dream, I'm always trying to stuff a giant soft contact into one eye.

  2. that's awesome. I had this dream a couple weeks ago about my house turning into a swamp and me being chased by a giant albino alligator.

    I googled. Here's what I came up with:

    1. To see an albino in your dream represents purity or eternal life. You need to be more accepting and tolerant. To dream that you are afraid of the albino figure suggests that you are irrationally concerned about the well-being of a loved one. It may also mean denial.

    2. To see an alligator in your dream symbolizes treachery, deceit, and hidden instincts. It may be a signal for you to take on a new perspective on a situation. It may also represent your ability to move between the physical, material world of waking life and the emotional, repressed world of the subconscious. Alternatively, the alligator represents healing powers and qualities. An alligator also suggests that you are thick-skinned or insensitive.

    To dream that you are running away from the alligator indicates that you are unwilling to confront some painful and disturbing aspect of your subconscious. There is some potentially destructive emotion that you are refusing to acknowledge and owning up to.


    So I have that going for me...

  3. ann. says:

    oh my... dreams are CRAZY! i know it's SLIGHTLY "hocus pocus" but i LOVE googling them!

Leave a Reply

Labels