Pages

Thursday, May 17

Thrifty Thursday: White Girl Problem Solved.

0 comments
So, I have this problem. It's a shoe-love problem. And a designer-shoe-love-problem at that.

Enter: Valentino jelly bow flats.

Look at those! They're adorable. They're simple but complex. They're nude. They're feminine but pool-friendly. Isn't that everything you want in a sandal?!


What? Oh.. the price? Ya.. about that. I just couldn't bring myself to click "add to shopping bag".  I searched on ebay. I searched on craigslist. I searched on Bluefly and all those other sites.  To my dismay, they're $295 across the board.

So I moved on.

Then one morning last week, I was enjoying my coffee and breakfast and perusing the very sophisticated US Weekly and saw a tiny caption under some jelly bow flats...Ivanka Trump. 

So I googled.

And I found that, on Bloomingdale's, they're $50. If you do the math, that is almost 1/6th of the price.

And check THEM out:
I immediately added them into my cart. And guiltlessly add them to my brown bag. And did a happy dance in celebration.

This is definitely an accomplishment in solving a very "White Girl Problem", and I'm pretty satisfied.   Stay tuned for when I receive them, and adore them.

Leave a Reply

Labels